Northern Part of Sri Lanka:
Vocational Training and Employment Support Services (VTESS) Project Proposal
The Vocational Training and Employment Support Services (VTESS) project provides impoverished children and young people with low-cost vocational training.
Our Vocational Training Centre aims to give the most disadvantaged young people a second chance in life, by giving them the skills and confidence to find a job and live independently. .
Lotus Caring Hands (LCH) is helping children and youth affected by the war, deal with their trauma and cope with every day life by providing them with basic education, vocational training, counselling support, and ensuring they are accepted and reintegrated within their community.
LCH is helping children and youth affected by the war, deal with their trauma and cope with every day life by providing them with basic education, vocational training, counselling support, and ensuring they are accepted and reintegrated within their community. Paranthan Hindu Maha Vidyalayam (PHMv)’s building will renovate for the evening and weekend vocational training in the Paranthan, Sri Lanka.
Many of these children have been unable to attend school or have left at an early age. This means they are very unlikely to be employed and have a chance to break out of the poverty cycle. We are particularly committed to the process of deinstitutionalization and supporting vulnerable people to become integrated in main-stream society with every opportunity to lead full lives.
· Providing access to cost-effective practical vocational education for underprivileged children, young people and other vulnerable groups;
· Employment support services for participants on the training courses;
· Enhancing employment opportunities;
· Establishing cost-effective numeracy and literacy education.
· Creating the infrastructure for education and training;
· Developing skills of the participants;
· Providing an employment support service;
· Provide credit for graduates entrepreneurs
· Developing a functional operating and monitoring system;
· Establishing links with governmental agencies, NGOs and other relevant bodies for mutual cooperation.
· Awareness rising among the targeted community on vocational training facilities.
Stage 1: Sawing Course
Stage 2: Computer Training Course
Stage 3: Additional Course
Project Funding Agreement
· LCH will take the whole financial responsibility to run the vocational training course.
· All the accounts will separately maintain and available for LCH members and donors
· LCH member/representative will visit in timely manner to report the progress to members and donors